Sacramento, California - The “Smart Beauty Guide” is an online informational directory designed to help consumers make smart decisions about cosmetic plastic surgery.
The guide was created by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS). ASAPS is made up of over 2,600 board certified plastic surgeons. The society sponsors scientific meetings presenting the latest advancements in cosmetic surgery. In addition, the guide has listings of board certified plastic surgeons throughout the United States, Canada, and many other countries.
In the section for gynecomastia surgery, the guide makes many of the same recommendations for getting ready for surgery that Dr. Miguel Delgado, M.D. makes for his patients, such as:
· Tanning the skin can increase permanent scarring, so avoid sunbathing for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
· Discontinue all medications and supplements that contain blood thinners 2 weeks before surgery.
· Stop all nicotine products 4 weeks before surgery.
· Be sure to stay well hydrated before and after surgery.
· Any illness or skin infections need to be reported to your surgeon.
· Have lab tests done promptly.
· Check with your surgeon as to how much time you will need to take off work for your recovery.
· Arrange for transportation home after surgery and for someone to stay with you for at least the first 24 hours.
· Get all prescriptions filled.
· Have comfortable front opening clothes ready for your recovery period.
· Organize books, movies, laptop whatever you need to keep you occupied.
· If you will be on your own, have easily prepared and frozen meals available.
Dr. Miguel Delgado, M.D. provides his gynecomastia patients with a 40+ page booklet containing pre and postoperative instructions.
Call (415) 898-4161 now for a gynecomastia consultation with Dr. Delgado.